Monday 30 January 2012

old North Kerry line, Ty class

Morning all!

On this day Jan 30 in 1913 The House of Lords rejected the Home Rule Bill.

I have been doing a bit of research on the internet over the weekend and I have found a few interesting scraps for you. These scraps include the above fact.

For railway buffs and lovers of nostalgia, the following link will take you to some old super 8 footage of the old North Kerry line from Adare to Fenit filmed in August 1986.

Next up is from Life magazine, great old pictures from Ireland of yesteryear, including
O'Connell Bridge, Dublin in 1914

Now to what's happening at home.


This is the TY class in Pres. Listowel on Friday. Ger Greaney and I were helping them research their ancestors  and to form an appreciation of our heritage.

While I was out with my camera I snapped a few signs of the times in town.


This sign refers to the fact that John Chute, barber, has closed down his own barber shop and is now working in His and Hers.


 This poster reminds us that better days are ahead and an outing for us all on St. Patrick's Day.


And finally this one which I had to cross the road to see. For a minute I thought that Bob Marley was coming to town!




No comments:

Post a Comment