Tuesday 17 December 2013

Signatures design Studio opens in Church St, old photo of Pioneers and the late Peter O'Toole




Listowel Town Square at Christmas 2013     ( photo by John Kelliher)


<<<<<<<<



Peter OToole R.I.P.;  the Listowel Connection

Last week I looked for photos or memorabilia from the Big Scout Jamboree in Listowel in 1948. I am making some progress and I will bring the full story to you in 2014. BUT while he was trawling through old newspapers and articles for me, Mike Lynch, County Archivist, remembered that Peter O'Toole came as part of the Leeds Scout group.Mike failed to find a photo but there must be one somewhere. Please ask around.

<<<<<<<<


Signatures Design Studio opens

The very talented trio of Aoife Hannon, Orla O'Connor and Pat Tobin have embarked on a brave new venture in Church St. in the premises that used to house Urma Bridalwear. Each business operates separately but if the customer so chooses she can get outfit, headpiece and photos all in the one place.
I was there  for the grand opening on Dec. 10 and I took some photographs of the salon fashion show.



















<<<<<<


Pioneers from Listowel, Moyvane and Knockanure. I have no idea what the occasion was.


<<<<<





Lovely new paint job on Church St.

<<<<<<,


Irish Traveller Boy 1956

No comments:

Post a Comment