Wednesday 21 March 2018

St Patricks Day 2018, Listowel Folk on the way to mass

Out and About with my Camera


I love this photo that John Kelliher took of me on St. Patrick's Day 2018. There I am at the parade, preparing my blog post.

Before I went to the parade, I had the bright idea of going to the church to snap some photos of local people on their way to mass.

I didn't get everyone's photo. Here are just a few of the good folk of Listowel parish at 11.00 a.m. mass in St. Mary's on St. Patrick's Day 2018.




As I made my way through The Square, the viewing platform was being decorated and Donal O'Sullivan was putting the finishing touches to the sound system.


At St. Mary's ushers were beautifully turned and at the ready.

 Floor manager, Ronnie Patterson, and chief celebrant, Canon Declan O'Connor, were finalising plans.




 Jimmy Hannon was the first of the musicians to arrive. He had a story to tell.
It takes a musician to recognise a musician. Jimmy twigged that Ronnie Patterson the floor manager with Kairos who were filming the mass and making the programme for RTE, was, in fact, none other than the same Ronnie Patterson who played the double bass with the seventies group, The Pattersons. Jimmy put this knowledge to work and brought his double bass and guitar to the Listowel Arms and along with John Kinsella they had a great old session of seventies hits.


Everyone who had a part to play was dressed to impress.



These men were on a mission. The man second from left is a Stack and these are the Danish branch of the clan. They picked a bad day to research their roots as people were a bit preoccupied with other things. But if they would like to contact me again, I'll be happy to help. You see I was on a mission myself and I didn't have a card or a pen and paper handy so I have no contact details.

<<<<<<<<

Some Humans of Listowel, March 17 2018













No comments:

Post a Comment