Monday 26 November 2018

Church Doors, Food Fair Craft Fair and the last of my Young Adult Bookfest 2018 photos

Gurtinard Wood



<<<<<<<<

Listowel Church Doors and a Window







<<<<<<<<<

Old Homestead


This is a photograph taken in Duagh. It is part of the Duchas collection and the photographer is Caoimhín ODanachair

<<<<<<

Listowel Food fair 2018

Some more photographs of crafters that I took at this year's craft fair on the Sunday of the Food Fair.

















<<<<<<<



Young Adult Bookfest 2018, November 15 2018

 In a packed programme full of inspirational speakers there was no one more inspirational then Joanne O'Riordan. Joanne was born with a condition called total amelia. She has no limbs.  She has just graduated from UCC with a degree in criminology. She is a sports fanatic and her ambition is to be a sport's journalist. She knows lots of sportspeople including Kieran Donaghy and they all have the greatest respect for her.


Joanne shared the stage with Pat Falvey, another man who does not let anything thwart him from a path he has chosen.


Helping out on the day were Seán McCarthy, David Browne and Tom Dillon

<<<<<<<<<

Seeking Irish Relatives


My name is Ken Duckett and I’m tracking a legacy of my mum and 19 1st cousins she received in the 1980’s/90’S from a Denis
Buckley, son of Edward Buckley and his wife Mary {Mai) Stack (married in New York). She was an aunt of my Mum’s (Kathleen Hanlon)
as Margaret (Madge Stack) was my grandmother and Patrick Hanlon my grandfather who farmed in Asdee.

So I’ve been trying to track down the families involved and one came up in your post in 2013. I’ve found by looking at Joseph Vincent 
Buckley 31st January I’ve been able to track the line of the family of six so far with sons/daughters and grandsons/granddaughters.
The parents have been identified in some of these posts as Michael Buckley and Nora (Nellie) Shine, however I cannot find records
For them in the usual places. That’s why I’m asking if you have any further information from members near to Listowel?



One other favour can you put me in touch with a local contact who I can purchase a copy of Asdee in the 1940’s/50’s I believe by 
a  Costelloe?

I enjoy your posts it keeps me in touch of my roots,

Thanks,
Ken

(If you can help Ken I have his email address)


<<<<<<<

Things you Hear at the Hairdressers'

The following have not been checked by Storyful so could contain an element of Fake News.

We are soon to have an Olde Worlde Sweet Shoppe on Church Street.

A popular local hairdressers' is soon to relocate to a gorgeous new premises.

Bailey and Co. is planning to extend its range to include "affordable fashion".

Two Listowel retail businesses are to close their doors in the new year.

<<<<<<<<

Look Who ran into our Lizzie of Lizzie's Little Kitchen?


Lizzie Lyons and Michael Parkinson were stars of Ireland am on Sunday No. 25 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment