Tuesday 16 June 2020

NKRO, Pavilion in Ballybunion, A Young Danny O'Mahoney and Listowel Streets



This sculpture stands in Listowel Town Square. It represents the river Feale and the fort or lios which gives its name to the town. It was designed by local artist, Tony OCallaghan. Tony was a teacher in Scoil Realta na Maidine. He was a skilled artist in copper. He was also a town councillor.

<<<<<<<<<<<

NKRO Back in the Day


Local historians at one of the early meetings of NKRO
Vincent Carmody, Cara Trant, Joe Harrington, Mary Cogan, Ger Greaney and Kay O'Leary

<<<<<<<<

A Long Shot

Every now and again someone who is browsing the internet finds their way to Listowel Connection. Sometimes they contact me to see if I know any more about who or what they are searching for. Sometimes I can help or I know someone who can.

But this one has me stumped. The below message was left as a comment on an old post about showbands. The commenter did not leave a name or any means of knowing who it is.

I'm printing it here in the hope that the person who posted the comment or someone who knows them will be in touch.

"I'm an old friend of the late Buddy Dalton from 1962 when he played with his Dad in Ballybunnion We were Mc Faddens Stage Show and showed there all that summer 1963 I would love to get his C.D don't know where to look If you can help please it would mean the world to me Thank you"

<<<<<<<<<

Bumpers at the Pavilion in Ballybunion


I love the nun and child in the centre car. This photo will bring back happy memories for many. It was shared on a Ballyduff Facebook page.


I came across this photo of Danny O'Mahoney on the same page. He hasn't changed a bit.


<<<<<<<<<

Stay 2 Metres Apart Please

Hopefully these will soon be replaced and we can draw a little nearer to one another. When the story of the pandemic, Covid 19, in Listowel is written, these photos will tell their own story.















No comments:

Post a Comment