Friday 15 January 2021

Looking Back


 <<<<<<<

This off licence is now called Carry Out

<<<<<<<


I have no name for this Listowel curate who accompanied these ladies to Lourdes. In fact I dont have a date or names for the ladies either.

<<<<<<<


Back Home

by Anon


If I had the power to turn back the clock, 

Go back to that house at 4th end of the block-

The house that was HOME when I was a kid,

I know I would love it more now than I did.


If I could be back there at my mother’s knee,

And hear once again all the things she told me,

I’d listen as I never listened before

For she knew so well just what life had in store.


And all the advice my dad used to give

His voice I’ll remember as long as I live;

It didn’t seem really important then.

What I’d give just to live it all over again.


Oh, what I’d give for the chance I once had,

To do so much more for my mum and my dad,

To give them more joy and a little less pain,

A Little more sunshine, a little less rain.


But the years roll on and we cannot go back,

Whether we were born in a mansion our shack

But we can start right no in the hour that is here

To do something more for the ones we hold dear.


Since e Time in its flight is travelling fast,

Lets no spend it regretting that which is past.

Lats make tomorrow a happier day

By doing our “good to others’ TODAY


<<<<<<<


Knockanure Boys



Photo found on the internet

No comments:

Post a Comment