Wednesday 18 September 2019

Races 2019 and Cyril Kelly on Sunday Miscellany


Throw me Down Something





The heyday of this little money spinner for Listowel Traveller children seems to have passed.

The numbers in The Feale were well down. They seem to have taken to busking instead. I also missed the puppet man from the Small Square.

<<<<<<<<<

Ladies Day 2019

I hardly ever remember such a beautiful Ladies Day, weather wise. The ladies looked resplendent. The judges had a tough job.

A great design partnership of Aoife Hannon,  milliner, and Betty McGrath, model, won the prize for jazziest hat. Betty must have been in the running for the overall prize as well. She looked stunning .





<<<<<<<<

Some More of the Style










<<<<<<<<<

A Minute of Your Time

Today I'm going to give you a sneak peek at my new book.


It's still a work in progress but these are the front and back covers designed by Paul Shannon of Listowel Printing Works.

A Minute of Your Time is available to pre-order from me by contacting me at listowelconnection@gmail.com

<<<<<<<<

The Past is a Different Country

Listowel in the rare auld times as remembered by Cyril Kelly

Sunday Miscellany

No comments:

Post a Comment