Monday 18 May 2020

John Paul 11 Graveyard and A Trip down Memory Lane and Mother's Medicine in the 1950s


 Harp and Lion in May 2020



<<<<<<<<<<<<

Lest we Forget


On VE Day 2020


<<<<<<<<<<<<

St John Paul 11 Cemetery

I visited my husband's grave last week.




Sea shells, a candle and crochet covered stones, tributes from family and friends.

<<<<<<<<

From the Archives


In Greaney's Spar at an NKRO event
Maria Leahy, Ger Greaney, Eilish Wren, Damien Stack, Grace Kelly, Jimmy Deenihan, Mary Cogan, Robert Pierse and James Kenny



Jimmy Deenihan and Billy Keane on the viewing stand at an old St. Patrick's Day parade


Fr. Pat Moore R.I.P. signing for friends at the launch of his book, Weathering a Storm

<<<<<<<

I Remember it well


The hot water bottle eased every pain unless it leaked and scotched you half to death.
Sudocrem s still my go to unction for everything.
Dockleaves were for nettle stings
( Neantóg a dhoigh mé, cupóg a leigheas mé is a  seanfhochal meaning a nettle burned me, a dock cured me]
Lucozade was found to have no curative properties but it probably replaced any sugar loss.
Seven up had to be flat to work. Again, I'd say replacing sugar may be its only curative function.
We all know teas and toast is the best "meal" for a sick or recuperating child.

No comments:

Post a Comment