Wednesday 3 March 2021

A Photographer's Photo of a Photographer and The Joys of Book Promoting



This is Paddy Fitzgibbon's photo of local wildlife photographer and videographer, Charlie Nolan. 
 He snapped Charlie beside his beloved Feale in Listowel.


<<<<<<<<


We're Going to have a Kayaking Club


They are seeking permission to build a pontoon. Great to see new life coming to the river now that fishing seems to have come to a standstill.

<<<<<<<

R.I.P. Ann Lyons



When I was promoting my recent  book, one of the places I called to was Ann Lyons shop in Abbeyfeale. It was one of the loveliest experiences of my book tour. This old fashioned sweet shop was a joy to enter. I'm calling it a sweet shop but it really was so much more. The two lovely ladies, Ann and Mary, who ran it were welcoming, kind and generous.

I was very saddened to hear that Ann has passed away and the shop is closing. She will be sorely missed. Ní fheicfimid a leithéid arís.

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Listowel Through a Lens


In October 2009 I published a book of photographs of Listowel. I took a copy around with me and I asked people I met to take a look. I took photos of these early readers. I came across a few of those photos receently.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment