Friday 15 March 2013

St. Patrick's Day and 1974 panto programme

This photograph was taken in Listowel during the 90's

St. Patrick's Day in Dungarvan in 1952


Dublin 1961

And some photos from  Listowel 2012



<<<<<

I was sent this joke to give you a laugh for the weekend:


An Irishman goes into the confessional box after years of being away from the Church.
He is amazed to find a fully equipped bar with Guinness on tap. On the other wall is a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates.

Then the priest comes  in.
Excitedly, the Irishman begins…..”Father, forgive me, for it's been a very long time since I've been to confession, but I must first admit that the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be."

The priest replies, "Get out. You're on my side."


>>>>>>>


Listowel Emmetts 1983





.<<<<<<<

Remember my ads from 20 years ago? Anne Moloney has helped me to go one better. She gave me a panto  programme from 40 years ago and I will drip feed the ads to you over the next few days.



Jan 1974





<<<<<

Jer took these photos at Dr. Eugene Duffy's Lenten lecture in St. Patrick's Hall on Wednesday night.




and he made a little video         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkbDmr5nIJo&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment