Wednesday 18 March 2015

St. Patrick's Day 2015


St. Patrick's Day Parade, Listowel March 17 2015

Some of the participants and spectators


A Lenamore past pupil dances as part of the Lenamore school's entry



Holy Joes from Dromclough


MC Billy Keane prepares his stuff





Soccer star, Savannah MacCarthy led the parade

Liam Brennan was St. Patrick

The shoes of the fisherman



















A little step dancing here;

https://youtu.be/YlGMfQTLDbM

More tomorrow...



<<<<<<<<

Trujillo, Peru



The Cork mission to Peru which is actively supported by the Kerry diocese is celebrating its golden jubilee. The celebration took place on St. Patrick's Day in Trujillo because it was in this shanty town that the mission first built a church.


The first Kerry priests to volunteer were the late Fr. Seán O’Leary, Rathmore and the late Fr. John B. O’Sullivan, Sneem. Four others served in the 1970’s and 1980’s – Fr. Denis Costello, Castleisland, Fr. Pat Murphy, Castletownbere, Fr. Luke Roche, Brosna and Fr. Tomás Ó Luanaigh, Killarney. Sisters from many parishes in Kerry Diocese as members of the Bon Secours and Mercy Orders have served in Trujillo. These are the late Sr. Vincent Mahoney, Castlemaine, Sr. M. Bethany O’Sullivan, Sneem of the Bon Secours Order. Sr. Betty Barry, Abbeydorney, Sr. Mary Leen, Ballybeggan, Sr. Bríd Fitzgerald, Caherdaniel, Sr. Patrice Clifford, Glenbeigh, Sr. Dora Kennedy, Castlegregory, Sr. Teresa and Sr. Imelda Harrington, Eyeries. All served as nurses and catechists together with Sr. Sarah O’Connor of Castlemaine who continues to work as Parish Sister on the Mission.


<<<<<<<<




Back Home


So True

Back Home

If I had the power to turn back the clock
I’d go back to the house at the end of the block
The house that was home when I was a kid
I know that I’d love it more now than I did.

If I could be back there at my mother’s knee
And hear once again all the things she told me
I’d listen as I never listened before
For she knew so well just what life had in store.

And all the advice my dad used to give
His voice I’ll remember as long as I live;
But it didn’t seem really important then
What I’d give just to live it all over again.

And oh what I’d give for the chance I once had
To do so much more for my mum and dad
To give them more joy and a little less pain,
A little more sunshine, a little less rain.

But the years roll on and we cannot go back
Whether our house was a mansion or shack
But we can start right now- in the hour that’s here,
To do something more for the ones we hold dear.

And since time in its flight is travelling fast;
Let’s not spend it regretting that which is past;
Let’s make tomorrow a happier day
By doing our ‘good to others’  TODAY

Author unknown


<<<<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment