Tuesday 17 March 2015

St. Patrick's Day


On this day in 2012


Today is March 17 2015 so, all going well,  I am in town at the parade. I'll bring you photos from today's parade tomorrow but meanwhile I'll jolt your memory with a few from yesteryear.





















<<<<<

St. Patrick's day in Dublin in 1950

(Photos of Dublin on Twitter)

<<<<<<

O'Reilly play in Cincinnati



Last week I wrote about Listowel playwright, Christian O'Reilly. Then I got this lovely email from a blog follower, Elizabeth Koller:


" I read ago about Christian O'Reilly in your blog, then discovered there was a production of Chapatti showing in Cincinnati, OH. My daughter and I went to see it on Saturday night, just before the run ended. It was powerful and the two actors were absolutely amazing. It was very well received here and was pretty well sold out. We were lucky and  managed to get two tickets that had literally just been turned back in."

<<<<<<

Tralee goes Green

Tralee Chamber Alliance is turning Tralee green for St. Patrick's Day 2015. 
Could Listowel try something similar?


courthouse

Dominican church

Pikeman

(Photos; Tralee Chamber Alliance)

No comments:

Post a Comment