Tuesday 6 October 2015

Ballybunion,Weather and a few more for Ladies Day 2015


Beautiful Ballybunion Dawn



Mike Enright is a fisherman and is often out to enjoy the sun rise or set in Ballybunion. He took this stunning photo early in the morning of September 27 2015. The photo is not in any way enhanced. All the enhancement is Nature's own.

<<<<<<<

McCarron Family Celebration



John Kelliher photographed the McCarron Family who have contributed so much to Listowel life as they gathered to celebrate their parents' 50th wedding anniversary.

<<<<<<<<

Stylish Ladies in Listowel 2015

I hope I have not posted some of these before as I'm trying not to become a kind of fashion blogger so I'm spreading the ladies' photos out a bit. Believe it or not, I still have more so forgive any errors and omissions.





Orla O'Connor's very stylish shoes which match her outfit (below right) perfectly.





I think this is called a statement piece. What a bag!



 <<<<<<<<



Always take the weather with you

If you thought 2015 was a wet summer, you should cast your mind back to 1958. The below report of that summer's weather comes from Bord na Mona Heartland


Thankfully the following year had an exceptionally dry summer. Let's hope history repeats itself.

<<<<<<

Found on Facebook



A very young Jerry Hannon ( 15, he tells me, but he looks younger) learning the tricks of the trade from his hero and mentor, the great racing commentator, Des Scahill, the voice of Irish racing for over 40 years.

<<<<<<

Look who I met in town yesterday


I bumped into Mary O'Flaherty and Denis Keane chatting in Main Street and they kindly posed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment